Visit the download site here.
Download a PDF with detailed instructions.
Watch a video showing how to get started.
Borrowing Books from Listen Up Vermont for Your Kindle
- You can check out a Kindle book and read it on any generation Kindle device or free Kindle reading app.
- When you borrow a Kindle public library book, you'll have access to all the unique features of Kindle books, including real page numbers and Whispersync technology that synchronizes your notes, highlights, and last page read.
- After a public library book expires, if you check it out again or choose to purchase it from the Kindle store, all of your annotations and bookmarks will be preserved. Books can be loaned for one or two weeks. Just before your book expires you will receive an email reminding you that the loan period will be ending.
- Visit Listen Up Vermont and select "eBook Fiction" "eBook NonFiction" from the menu. As you search look for "Kindle book" in the blue bar below each title. The checkout procedure will take you to your Amazon account. After you've signed into your account you can send your ebook to your Kindle via a Wi-Fi connection or transfer it via USB.
- To return a book early, go to your Amazon account and select "Manage Your Kindle". Open the Actions drop-down menu for the book you are returning and select "Return this book".
Here's how to use this new service:
- Visit the Listen Up Vermont web site and read the Quick Start Guide. We strongly recommend reading the Quick Start Guide completely before going any further. If you don't find what you are looking for in the guide, try the FAQ (link here) section of the site.
- Download the Overdrive Media Console software that you'll need. If you have a dial-up connection, this step may take some time. In some cases you may also have to upgrade the security of your Windows Media Player. Just follow the directions to complete this process.
- Visit the Listen Up Vermont site. and click the sign in link at the top of the page. Select St. Johnsbury Athenaeum from the list of libraries. Make sure that you have your library card handy as you will have to enter your library card barcode.
- Search for books at Listen Up Vermont. You may check out a maximum of two books and they are checked out for seven days. After seven days, the books will no longer be available.
- When you are ready, click the Checkout link to start the downloading process. You can download either an entire book or selected chapters.
- Directions for downloading Overdrive Media Console on a Mac and downloading audiobooks can be found here.
- Watch a video on downloading audiobooks to an iPhone.
- Directions for downloading Overdrive to a PC and downloading audiobooks (including to an iPod can be found here.
Visit the FAQ or Quick Start Guide at the Listen Up Vermont site.
Call the Athenaeum at 748-8291.
Close this window and return to the Athenaeum's site.